What now? You are over 50!

10:11 Unknown 0 Comments

A while back I crossed 50 and this was the 1st question I was asked by all who met me. Surprisingly for me, the general consensus
was that now that I was on the other side of 50, I have to you know sort of go slow, be more relaxed, let things go and get ready for retirement in the next few years.

My mind just went in a tizzy, go slow, more relaxed, let go and retirement? Are they mad, lunatic, out of their mind or what? When you are crossing 50, does your world come to an end? These and many more questions started arising in my mind. I looked back at what my mom did post 50, or the many other ladies around me. Realization dawned that this was exactly what they did!

So is that what I or any women over 50 should do? No, life is very beautiful, so just go and do what you have always wanted to do. The children are grown up and leading their own lives, the husband has his daily routine activities and the maids mostly are there to take care of the house. Now, just grab this opportunity, take care of your own health (for a change), go out for a holiday, learn a new art, go do some social service, take up a job, start a career-yes you read right, start a career, who says you cannot. Follow your passion, enjoy the balance years of your life to the fullest.
  
All your life, you have lived your life dictated by others, by the rules of society, parents-when you were a child, husband after marriage and then your children. Does it ever stop? Never! Not until you decide to do something about it and that time starts now. In our today’s day and age we have many options to live life to the fullest. So go ahead and exercise the option, then and only then will at a later time in life, when life is on its last leg, will you be able to say with a smile, ‘I am happy that I lived my life to the fullest! :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: