The Stalker

06:06 Unknown 0 Comments

                                                                                                          The Stalker
Last night on my way home, I sensed a presence behind me, a sinister presence! I was walking along a dark lonely stretch and at that late hour there was no one around! I hurried my steps, looking furtively around but could not see anyone, could only sense the presence. I knew it was Him!

Then just as I was about to start running, he lunged at me. I had started carrying a small hammer with me and had it in my hand and when he lunged at me, I hit him hard many times and, and I think I killed him! I fled the scene and ran like mad all the way home.

Next morning, the doorbell rang and I opened the door, he was there standing in front of me, eyes wildly staring at me. I killed you last night I whispered, I killed you!

He kept on walking towards me and I had to keep on backing into the house. ‘Who are you here, what do you want, I asked?’ The sofa was behind me and I tumbled down on it and sat absolutely still, shell shocked. He sat opposite me just staring and I kept on whispering, but I killed you, I killed you!

Background…..I am a working girl living in another town, I had an awesome job. My only issue was that our office meetings used to go on till late, my good luck I had cool boss who let me come in late to work. This was practically my schedule 4-5 days a week, but I was ok with it as I loved my job, salary was good and I had the weekends off!

All was going well and then I started to get the feeling that that someone was following me. When I stepped out for lunch, went shopping, on way to office, etc, it was just a niggling thought and feeling. I had not spotted anyone, but it was just, you know how it is, a sixth sense. And I was very sure he had been stalking me earlier too when I was studying! But that was a long time ago!

I told my office colleague and the colleague accompanied me for a few days, but there was no one and for a couple of days after that even when I was on my own, there was no one and no feeling of being watched. I felt that maybe it was just a figment of my imagination and left it at that.

Present… And then last night happened, and now in the morning he was here, sitting in my house in front of me, but he had no injuries! I was sitting shell shocked looking at him, waiting for him to speak.
After a long time he spoke and said, ’He was my brother, my twin brother. When he went out last night, he left his phone behind.’ He showed me a lot of my pics which had been clicked from college days and in the recent past. I was looking at him suspiciously and asked, ’Why are you here, what do you want?’ He was just looking down at the phone and fiddling with it. After a while I again asked, ‘Why are you here? Answer me dammit, why are you here?’ By now I was getting hysterical and more scared than ever.

Then he suddenly got up, I got up in fright too. He kept on advancing with his hands stretched out, I was looking around to grab something to hit him with and to protect myself. He suddenly came very fast ahead and just caught my hand and shook my hand vigorously and said. ‘I can’t thank you enough for the big favor you have done, he had made not only my life miserable but of countless girls too. Here, I have erased his phone, so the cops will not know about you.’ Live in peace he said, gave me the phone and walked out.


I just sat down with the phone in hand and clicked it as it was glowing, on the screen was written, ‘And now I have met you and know where you live, The Stalker’ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: